Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review
This machine totally sucks!
I have to admit when I first saw this machine, the first thing I thought was, “wow, look how cool this thing looks”?
This is THE coolest vacuum I have ever laid eyes on.
It is sleek in style but powerful in muscle for awesome carpet and hard floor cleaning.
If the looks alone didn’t convince me, (It’s a girl thing and hey, it’s purple) the options that come with it certainly made my mind up for me.
Some of the high tech “motor talk” was a bit hard for us girls to understand, but, here goes…
The Dyson is powered by a V6 motor, digital at that… (Doesn’t that sound awesome?)The motor is a 350W with a 2tier cobalt battery. Added to this battery is the fact that it is re-engineered nickeled manganese. All of these combinations are what makes it have incredible suction power.
Unbelievable suction power is more like it.
All of these combined together is what gives the Dyson Animal (DC59) the amazing power to suck up more grime and dirt as any corded vacuum on the market today. With the suction power coming from 28 airwatts of standard power or what could be called 100 airwatts in boost mode, this gives the ability to clean up the toughest job of ground in dirt.
It only weighs 4.6 pounds so it’s very easy to handle and maneuver in tight places. When you open the box, other than how cool it looks, this is the first thing you notice, everything that comes with it:
- Combination tool
- Mini motorized tool
- Battery charger
- Removable wand
- Crevice tool
- Docking station
- Quick start guide
- Operating manual
- Product registration card
- Quick start guide
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
Impressive, right? This machine gives so much more than what it looks like it can give. It’s a new version of the DC44 that has been enhanced in many ways, for instance:
- The motor is much more powerful.Twice the power and three times more than other cordless vacuums on the market.
- 2 Tier cyclones, twice the number, help separate all the dust and dirt out of the air.
- Filter is so much simpler to remove and wash.Simply pull from the top.
- Trigger is so much lighter. If you were to vacuum your entire house with the DC44, your finger would get tired from squeezing. It’s much lighter now and easy on the fingers.
- Longer battery life. In normal use, DC59 has 26 minutes of full battery life, 6 minutes more than DC44. While in boost mode, it has 2 minutes less battery life than DC44.
- SO much easier to clean. The dirt release switch can be used from eitherside. Making it easier for left handed people like me. Also, the clear bin now can comeun-detached,easily rinsed in water and put right back on.
- Totally Redesigned new floor attachment. This version has a design that’s works on carpet and hardwood floor. You never have to switch a knob or dial like all the other vacuums.
All in all it’s just a great little machine. The only issue I have so far is its too expensive compared to other brands. Perhaps re-pricing is a good suggestion.